Our mission is to provide opportunities for parents of orchestra students to fulfill their musical potential and experience learning stringed instruments. In the pursuit of creating musician parents, we hope to increase advocacy for the arts, increase understanding and appreciation in music education and what their student does, and build stronger relationships with our parents and create a community within our program.
Parents will develop the following skills and concepts:
- The ability to read music and play individually and others with correct rhythm, tempo, bowing and left hand techniques, dynamics, precision, tone.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others toward the performance of music in and with the ensemble.
- The ability to express oneself through music and sound.
- Self-discipline (in practice and patience); self-confidence.
- Respect for others, loyalty to the ensemble, and unity and pride in the orchestra organization.
- Increased bonds and relationships with other parents and the program.
- Respect for and proper use of equipment.
- The ability to make music with their student
Who can participate?
Any parent of a current Liberty Orchestra student can participate, as well as any faculty member of Liberty High School. Adults must be able to attend the majority of classes and concerts.
For any questions, please direct them to Victoria Lien at firstname.lastname@example.org